Gluten free courgette and chorizo muffins
– Gluten free and dairy free (ex-chorizo will make them meat free)
Ingredients (multiply as needed)
- 160g rice flour
- 160g almond meal
- 80g coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder or freshly chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 medium courgette
- 3 tbsp chorizo
- 3 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Swap the chorizo for ham, or cheese
- Can use tapioca flour instead of rice flour
- Heat the oven to 180c
- Combine all the flours, baking soda and powder, salt and garlic powder
- Using a whisk, mix through well. In another bowl wisk the 3 eggs, olive oil and water. Add the courgette, chorizo, sun-dried tomatoes and the liquid mix to the dried ingredients and mix through with a wooden spoon until well mixed. You should have a very thick/claggy mixture with your hands.
- Grease 8-12 muffin cases/tray with olive oil. Using a spoon fill the cases till almost full to leave room for the muffins to rise a little.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Take out of the oven and let them cool down for a few minutes before removing from the tray. Place a wire rack and serve while they are still warm.