This has the same component tastes as a bounty chocolate bar, but is made of raw ingredients and super foods.
There is no chocolate in it; the chocolate flavour comes from raw cacao.
Raw cacao is a true super food; it is made by cold pressing raw cocoa beans. This preserves all of the living enzymes present in cocoa, along with its nutrients including magnesium, iron, potassium, zinc, manganese and calcium. Due to its potent antioxidants, cacao has been shown to protect the nervous system, slow our ageing process, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and reduce blood pressure.
I guess that is why it is called a ‘super food’.
Good thing it is one of the main ingredients in this recipe!
- 12 large dates
- 3 tbsp. nuts (I used walnuts but you can substitute)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- Desiccated coconut for coating
- Blend all the ingredients together, apart from the coconut
- Spoon around 1 tbsp. of mixture into clean hands and roll into a ball
- Put some of the desiccated coconut onto a plate and roll the ball in it until covered
- Put in a cool place or fridge to set
- Try not to eat all at once!