Almond Easter Bunny Biscuits
(Hemsley & Hemsley inspired)
(Gluten free/Dairy free)
This cute and tasty recipe is a quick and easy way to celebrate Easter whilst avoiding processed confectionary.
Your kids will love them.
For the body:
- 125g ground almonds
- 2-3tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (H&H use almond)
- Pinch of salt
- 6goji berries
- Handful of Cacao nibs (H&H used black sesame seeds)
- Handful of almond slivers
- Blend the body ingredients together in a blender until fully combined
- Chill in the fridge for an hour to make it easier to work with
- Take a tbsp. of mixture in hand and form into an oval ball shape
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Make oval balls with the mixture, save a little and make tails too
- Place 2 almond slivers into each ball as ears, if you want pale ears do this after the biscuit is cooked
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 170c or until golden brown
- While the bunnies are still warm, take half a Goji berry and push it into the biscuit to form a nose and take 2 cacao nibs and push them in to make eyes
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Happy healthy Easter!