This is a 7minute meal
It’s an Italian starter, but good for breakfast or brunch
It’s low in calories but high in flavour, texture and nutrition
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 large eggs
- 25g shaved parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
(Optional extras: Add some salad leaves and a splash of balsamic and olive oil for a more substantial salad)
- Blanch the asparagus in a pan of simmering water for 2 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and simmer gently for 3 minutes (for runny yoke), remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper
- Place the asparagus on a plate, the poached egg on top and sprinkle shaved parmesan over the dish
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- The runny yoke acts as a sauce
- Simply delicious morning, noon or night!