This one is from the barefoot contessa who cooks using ingredients from her garden, so the recipes are always fresh and natural
It is gluten, dairy and nut free
It’s a nice as a side or a main
You can switch the herbs and you’ll have a completely different dish
If you like tomatoes on toast for breakfast, this is just an upside version of that and can be made in the evening and eaten in the morning
Fresh and delicious
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes, halved (known as grape tomatoes in the USA
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 slices gluten free bread (see older recipes)
(Options: You can use oregano instead of the thyme and basil instead of the parsley. You can use normal bread if you don’t have an issue with gluten)
- Preheat the oven to 350f/180c
- Place the tomatoes in a ceramic dish (I used a foil one as that is what I had), add 1tbsp. of olive oil, thyme, toss together and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the garlic, parsley and ½ tsp. salt in a blender and blend till the garlic is finely chopped. Add the bread and process until this is fully mixed and the bread is in crumbs. Add 1.5 tbsp. olive oil and blend again. Sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes.
- Bake the gratin for 30-40 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and tomatoes are bubbling.