This is one of those recipes for which there is no going back!
It is easy but more than that it tastes so much better than the popular fried version, with one tenth of the calories!
I simply experimented with this coating and it worked first time. Lucky me 🙂
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 2 lbs calamari rings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Season the calamari with salt and pepper
- Place in a bowl with the olive oil and make sure well covered
- In a separate bowl mix the almond and corn meal
- Dip each ring into the mixture and place on a baking sheet lined baking tray
- Place in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until crunchy
- Serve with a dip of your choice or simply with an ice-cold beer!