I have posted this one before but it is such a wonderful recipe for its ease, health and taste that I thought it was worth posting again
I have also made it so many times that I have found a better cooking technique, which is always good if you are trying to do something in the morning before work
I have also taken to adding a mixture of berries for a nice contrast in texture and a little acidity.
For those of you who have a sweet tooth, I would recommend instead of putting maple syrup on the pancake, since it is already sweet from the banana, you drizzle a little on the berries instead
This is such a delicious combination, that you could serve it for breakfast or desert.
Tasty, healthy heaven!
- 1 egg
- 1 Banana, peeled
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp. Blue Berries
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Strawberries
- 1 tsp. Raw Maple Syrup
(Optional extras: add a tsp. of cinnamon for added natural sweetness and a toasty smell, serve with a mixture of blueberries, strawberries with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top or change the berries to those of your preference)
- Blend together the egg and banana to form a batter
- Place 1 tsp. of coconut oil into a frying pan, warm and pour in the batter. Make sure you cover the whole pan to make a thin pancake
- Keep on a low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes
- Instead of flipping the pancake, which can be messy with this gluten free recipe, put the grill (broiler) in the oven on when you start and after 3-5 minutes on the hob place the whole pan in the oven, this will cook the top too and will make it easier to flip onto a plate when you are done
- Remember to use a dry dish cloth when taking the pan out as the handle will be hot
- Serve with the berries for a child and adult friendly, high protein breakfast or desert
- It doesn’t get better than this in the world of Tasha. Kitchen
- Easy peasy, healthy happy days