My favorite way to eat vegetables is straight from the BBQ with a little hint of smokiness and char. I also love seeing those perfect grill lines, as it reminds me of the Mediterranean and eating fresh vegetables and fish by the sea.
Since I use a grill pan in this recipe, it is advisable to open a window or two before you start. I have a small kitchen, not near a window and so subsequently set off the fire alarm in the apartment. Mr. B literally went deaf for an hour or so, although he said that in the end, that was preferable over dinner as I apparently speak 150 words a minute! Nice!
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 Aubergine/eggplant
- 3 Courgette/zucchini
- 1lb Asparagus
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Red peppers
- Yellow squash
- Portobello mushrooms
- Spring onions
- Place a grill pan over a medium heat.
- Brush the vegetables with coconut oil, coating lightly
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper
- Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred, around 8-10 minutes for the aubergine, 6 minutes for the courgettes and 4 minutes for the asparagus
- I like the lines in a diamond shape, to achieve this place the vegetables on a diagonal and then on the horizontal
- The vegetables generally take less time on the second side than the first
I simply served this with some home made pecan pesto and grilled chicken