This recipe is so fantastic, that it can be used as a raw pate, cooked to create a falafel or turned into meatballs.
Unlike a falafel the middle is still soft, which I actually quite like.
Other cooks use them as vegan meatballs by enveloping them in a tomato based sauce.
I don’t think they would last long enough in our household however as Mr. B loved them so much, that I turned my back and they were all gone!
I served the raw pate this weekend and my NY bestie told me that this was often served as faux liver. Amazing.
Three recipes for the price of one!
This mixture is high in protein, magnesium, healthy fats and fiber.
Tasty, healthy, happy days!
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 100g pecans
- 100g cashews
- 1/2tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Serrano chili, sliced and placed on top to serve
- Preheat oven to 425f/220c
- Line baking tray with wax paper
- Blend the pecans and cashew, then add the mushrooms
- Blend entire mixture, season and taste
- Use the palm of your hand to make falafel balls and place on lined baking tray
- Bake for c. 20 minutes or until brown
- Top with one slice of Serrano pepper
- Underline with a little of the raw mixture