I titled this recipe cream cheese, because without hesitation or reproach all of my guests thought it was cream cheese, just a little lighter.
Luckily for me, who is sans lactose, this dish was made with tofu (da-da-dah.)
It is so light and pure, it is good as a dip with crudité, or if thinned down slightly further as a salad dressing.
It’s another blender recipe, so takes less than 5 minutes to make including preparation. I should probably change the name of this blog to Tasha. Blender, given the amount of recipes I post just using a blender, perhaps we should take a vote on that one?!
- 15oz organic silken tofu (drained and squeezed)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 3 tbsp. chopped chives (leave a little for garnish)
- Use a seasoned salt (see earlier post) for a different flavor profile
- To make the dip, blend all ingredients until smooth, taste and spice to your liking
- To make the dressing, thin further using a little more vinegar and oil
Good for the waistline, heart and taste buds; with love Tasha. Blender