I love this recipe, for its simplicity.
It’s a healthy version of pizza, with the wrap only 90kcal and takes less than 10 minutes. It’s so easy you can make individual ones for the family and your guests with their favorite toppings, before the wine has even been poured.
Its great for a mid week dinner, when you are time deficient and craving something naughty, allowing for indulgence without the indulgence!
We always have cheese and salami around being a good Italian family household, but any combination works well, with some of Mr. B’s favorites being blue cheese, fig and prosciutto and goats cheese, rocket and balsamic glaze, both being sans tomato. (Who said you couldn’t change a man, or at least a mans palate?!…)
- 1 gluten free wrap (I use Joseph’s – USA brand)
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 ounces hard goats cheese
- 4 thin slices salami or other vegetarian or meat topping
- Heat oven to 180C/ 350F
- Spread tomato puree evenly onto the gluten free wrap
- Sprinkle cheese on top, try to leave ½ inch around the edges (makes it easier not to spill the cheese in the oven)
- Add your preference of topping
- Pre-heat the oven for 3 minutes while you are preparing the pizza
- Place the wrap directly in the oven (this allows for the bottom of the wrap to become crispy)
- Take the wrap out when the cheese has melted and the bottom is crispy. This shouldn’t take longer than 4 minutes.
- It will take you longer to cook than to eat!