Since Halloween is such a big occasion in the USA, I felt I had to be a good citizen and join in.
This dish will delight kids and adults alike and provide a little heat as you try to keep warm after a little trick or treating. It only takes 7 minutes in total, quicker than it will take for your kids to eat all their candy!
Happy Healthy Halloween, from Tasha.Kitchen
- 2 orange peppers
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ tsp. red pepper
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- Heat the coconut oil on a low heat
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, stir for 30 seconds
- Add the mushrooms
- Cook until they start to brown, 2 minutes
- Add the olives and stir for 30 seconds
- Add in the Quinoa
- Mix together, switch off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes
- During those 2 minutes, cut the head of the peppers off, cut out the eyes and a crocked smile
- Fill with the Quinoa and serve for a ‘happy healthy halloween’!