The picture you take of this will be as vibrant as the combination of flavors.
I love watermelon radishes and you would have seen them featured on the blog before. They are electrifying to the eye, and whilst there retain that vibrant peppery taste that all radishes do, they are a little more subtle than your usual pink variety.
I love this salad as it is quick, and you have a great variety of tastes and textures. The goats cheese gives you your protein element and is nice and creamy, punctuated by the piercing sweet citrus from the juicy oranges and contrasted by the crunch from the radishes and toasted walnuts.
- 2 watermelon radishes
- 2 oranges
- A handful of walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese
- 10 chives (minced)
- Sea salt to taste
- Wash and top and tail the radishes
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the radishes or use a sharp knife if you don’t have one
- Place them in a bowl of water with a little lemon juice to keep the colour bright and stop them from drying out
- Top and tail the oranges, cutting the segments out and disregarding the white membrane
- Drain the radishes, laying them on a plate with the orange segments on top, reserve some of the orange juice from the chopping board and sprinkle over the top
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan for 2 minutes
- Add the goats cheese and toasted walnuts
- Sprinkle the salt and minced chives liberally over the top