There is something truly fulfilling in making a tasty dish with just vegetables as you don’t have to feel measured in the eating; it is all so good for you!! This dish is great as it is super healthy, tasty and has really body and soul, giving the humble cauliflower some rock and roll.
Its an umami dish, with the combination of the salt, sweet, hot and sour playing a symphony in your mouth. It takes 5 minutes to make and reminds me of popcorn shrimp.
- 1 whole head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 whole lime
- 2 spring onions/scallions, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha, Or Other Hot Sauce
- Break up the cauliflower into large florets, then, using your hands, break into very small florets.
- Heat a large, frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the coconut oil, then the cauliflower and garlic
- Stir the cauliflower around the pan, allowing it to get very brown in some areas. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn heat to low, add soy sauce, honey, squeeze in the juice of the lime, and add most of the sliced green onion, reserving the rest for serving.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute. Squeeze the hot sauce over the cauliflower. Stir until the hot sauce has been incorporated. Add a little more hot sauce if you want a deeper color and flavor
- Serve hot in a bowl. Sprinkle extra sliced green onions on top, and serve with a lime wedge.
- They are literally addictive