Raw Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
‘Dessert is like a feel-good song, the best ones make you dance’.
This is one of those life-changing recipes. It tastes beautifully decadent due to the silky texture but is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. As you can see from the combination of ingredients, it is all natural and pretty similar to your granola, so you can eat cheesecake for breakfast and feel pretty good about it. Revolutionary.
I did a lot of taste testing with this recipe and no one could believe that the topping was made with cashews as the main ingredient and contained zero diary. I also did some live cooking to show how long it takes to make, my best time being 6 minutes 32 seconds!
If you don’t like Matcha, you can add raw cocoa and make a chocolate version or blueberries to make a fruity version. The options are endless.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 6 pitted dates
- ¾ coconut milk/cream
- ½ cup raw honey or maple syrup (vegan option)
- 5 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours minimum in water and then drained
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. matcha green tea powder
- Blend the hazelnuts, desiccated coconut and pitted dates until it reaches a crumb like consistency
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a cake tin or if you want to make mini versions distribute evenly into 15 cup cake holders
- In a clean blender add the coconut milk, honey, cashews and coconut oil until silky smooth
- Add the matcha powder and blend again until fully combined
- Pour on top of the base and leave in the fridge/freezer to set
Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake (substitute raw cocoa powder for the matcha)