Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This chocolate treat has three main ingredients and takes not time at all in a blender. It is dairy free, gluten free, nut free, refined sugar free and high in protein. It has a deep, decadent texture and ‘you won’t believe it’s made of tofu’, which is a wonderful ancient healthy ingredient that takes on the taste of whatever you are making. Here it is really used for the silky texture and in blind tastings no one would ever guess it is the main ingredient.
I like to serve it with lots of berries to cut through the richness of the mousse, it also adds a little color to the plate. I have also added a little gold fairy dust here, for a magical finish.
- 300g soft silken tofu
- 80g vegan chocolate
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the vegan chocolate using a heat proof bowl over a pot of hot water, don’t let the bowl touch the water
- Stir the chocolate until it melts completely and then take it off the heat to cool for a few minutes
- In the mean time, prepare the tofu by taking it out of the packaging, squeeze a little to get rid of some of the water, then blend till smooth
- Add the chocolate and rest of the ingredients
- Transfer into glasses or ramekins, serve with berries to cut through the richness