Raw Vegan Chocolate Truffles
This recipe will blow your mind and challenge you taste buds.
My official tasters thought the truffles tasted as if they were made with cream and couldn’t believe that they were actually full of protein and antioxidants
They don’t take much time or process and you can roll the base in different coatings to make a variety of flavours, just like your favourite chocolate box
I took inspiration for this recipe from one of my favourite blogs, Dates and Avocado’s. Lore Salas has such an amazing eye for detail and has inspired so many of my dessert recipes. After being on instagram for a long time, she has just started a blog and I’d encourage anyone with a sweet tooth to check it out!
Mr. B rating for this one, 12 out of 5, so I know what to make when I need to convince him to do something! Bribery always works!
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup melted cacao butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Cacao nibs
- Matcha Powder
- Chopped nuts
- Or eat on its own
- Blend the almond butter, water, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt in a blender until you get a nice smooth paste
- Stream the melted cacao butter and cacao powder, last
- Pour the batter into a bowl and refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour)
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls
- Roll each ball into the topping of your choice
- Place in the fridge, they should keep for a few weeks, or a few seconds if Mr. B. knows they are there