This is one of those desserts…. one bite and addictive!
‘I don’t often eat Baklava, but when I do, I eat the whole tray…’
Here is an easy, peasy, lemon squeezy recipe for you to try out at home. It is such a beautiful taste and the smell of toasted pistachios is an added bonus. I used creamed honey from the farmers market as it is a little mellower, but any high quality honey will work.
This is a little healthier than your normal Baklava as it doesn’t have multiple layers of syrup. It is also easy to serve with cocktails as a canapé. I’d suggest adding a little rose water to some prosecco would be a good pairing, bringing out the fragrance and smells of a souk in both.
- 15 mini tart shells
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 cup raw unsalted pistachios
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- Pinch salt
- Bake the tart shells
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, add pistachios and stir for c. 2 minutes until they start to have a nutty aroma
- Add the honey, cardamom and salt
- Take off the heat and mix
- Use two spoons to scoop the filling into the shells
- Cool before serving and make sure you don’t get any sugar on your skin as it will be super hot (I may be talking from experience…)