‘People need to understand the different between wants and needs, I want abs, but I need tacos’
…. with this recipe you can have both!
My American husband likes Brussel Sprouts and Tacos, two popular ingredients in the USA, but not two that you normally see together. Given our plant-based diet at home however, I am always trying to find new and innovative recipes and nearly always have these two ingredients in the fridge.
This is a great recipe for brussel sprouts if you want them on their own or as a side. I love them in a taco as they are a little crunchy from the char, a little sweet from the honey balsamic and a little spicy from the red pepper flakes.
- 5 Ibs. brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- Pinch red chilli flakes
- Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425c
- Line a baking tray
- Trim the brussel sprouts and cut the bottom off. Cut in half.
- In a large bowl, toss in the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Roast until a little charred
- Mix the balsamic, honey and a pinch of red pepper
- Warm the tortillas, place some of the sprouts on and drizzle the honey balsamic on top
- Serve warm