Indian Arancini (GF, Vegetarian)
This is a fusion of my Italian and Indian heritage. Think about it as an Indian Tikki and Italian Arancini doing a little dance with the spice from the Tikki kissing the melted cheese from the Arancini.
Mr B told me that Arancini in fact isn’t the name of the dish, but what the dish looks like, a little orange. Cute right?!
I served it at my American Classics with an Indian twist dinner party and Mr B’s classic American friends loved. Quite honestly, Mr B’s American friends, love anything with melted cheese or spice, but what better to do than combine them.
- 300g potatoes
- ½ tsp. red chilli powder
- ½ tsp. coriander powder
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. minced ginger
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. corn or rice flour
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp. coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. Mozzarella
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Peel and cook the potatoes until you can put a knife straight through, then leave to cool. Once cooled, grate
- Add the spices, salt, egg white and flour, mix well
- Put a tbsp. of the potato mixture in your palm and flatten, take a little piece of the mozzarella and place in the middle. Close the potato around it
- Roll in the breadcrumbs
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm
- Heat your oil to 350f and fry until golden
- Serve with tomato or coriander chutney